We support the ongoing conversation and commit to amplifying the voices of BIPOC and LGBTQ+ designers. This call for submissions is open to everyone, regardless of previous experience, and we especially encourage design submissions from under-represented communities.
We are excited to invite you to submit a proposal for the upcoming Woolfolk collections. Please fill out the form below to download a design deck — A PDF will be emailed to you. (Check your inbox after a few minutes) We are currently looking for men’s and women’s garments and accessories using all Woolfolk yarns.
Submission proposals must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. All proposals must be submitted in PDF format
2. We’d love to see more than one idea! Feel free to submit several different design ideas within your proposal.
3. Proposals submitted after the deadline (08/02/2021) may not be considered
Proposals must include the following:
1. Design sketch (hand-drawn and/or digital)
2. Photographs of swatches
3. Swatches should be no smaller than 4×4 inches
4. Swatches do not need to be worked in a Woolfolk yarn but choose a color and yarn texture for the swatch that clearly expresses your concept.
5. Please explain your inspiration/what interests you about this specific design
Please provide the list of information including:
1. Specifics about construction details and direction of knitting
2. Shaping information
3. Intended ease and fit
4. Intended Woolfolk yarn and possible color choices
5. Special techniques used
6. Any additional information you feel is important about the design
Design submission deadline — Aug 2, 2021
Notification to selected designers — week of Aug 9, 2021
All submissions must be received by Monday, August 2 for consideration. Please email proposal PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your submission.